Thea's Adventures: Devil's Thumb Ranch 2014

Hello my lovely readers! I really must thank you for your patience with my absence as I was on vacation in Colorado to visit my godmother! I don't know how you guys feel about more personal posts so I'm treading carefully here. Feel free not to bother reading this if you're uninterested.

I'm writing this in my room at Devil's Thumb Ranch because I can't sleep and my creativity peaks at unfair hours. Speaking of peaks, this is my first mountain vacation and the first time I've ever experienced anything like this. Coming from a tropical island, any temperature below 26 °C is freezing to me and even though it's Summer, the temperatures at night in Colorado (especially in the mountains) are colder than I've ever experienced.





Aren't those photos beautiful? This place is gorgeous and I'm so grateful to have experienced it. My godmother also gifted me a MacBook Air which does have a part to play in the quality of the photos now that I have new editing software. Therefore, my readers can now expect better quality and more recent posts!





Luckily the weather was on our side and I went zip lining for the first time through a trail in the mountains. It was honestly so exhilarating jumping off a platform without knowing what would happen next (I channelled my inner Dauntless - yes, I'm a Divergent fan). I went for a beautiful walk after breakfast, got my first professional massage and roasted communal marshmallows on a fire in the freezing cold.




I fell in love with this place from the moment I saw it. It reminded me of Sims 2 Bon Voyage when I would send my sims on mountain vacations to Three Lakes. I even decided that I want to have a mountain honeymoon. The activities up here are ideal for families and the peaceful hum of the mountains misting at 6 AM is a memory I'll never be able to erase.







Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Please feel free to leave a comment (I love them and I promise I'll reply as soon as I can)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Please feel free to leave a comment as I value all of my readers' opinions and I'll reply as soon as possible.