Lipstick Crushes

I'm currently on a beach house vacation, extremely relaxing but there's one downside: packing! I had to go through my lipstick collection and chose what to bring with me and what to leave behind. Today I'm going to (quickly) show you guys three lipsticks I'm newly crushing on and couldn't leave behind because they seemed perfect for the beachy atmosphere. They're all quite muted as opposed to the usual hot pinks and oranges associated with summer. 

"Purple Heaven" by Exotica
This first shade is by a Barbadian-grown brand called Exotica. I recently worked with them for a photoshoot for their various shades of lip colours and as soon as I looked in the mirror and saw this shade on my lips, I exclaimed to the manager "I want this!" The lipstick is a beautiful lavender colour that might not be suitable for all skin tones, but I love how it popped with my dirty blonde hair.

"Faux" by MAC
Secondly, the muted mauve-pink of my new go-to! I love this colour for everyday wear, I think it's the perfect pink-nude for my skin tone. "Faux" is a satin finish lipstick, a finish that I am now in love with. I'm not exactly sure why I haven't tried it before, possibly beacause of my gravitation toward matte finishes, but I'm in love! I'm definitely going to try more satin finishes in the future.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creame in "Amsterdam"
Last but not least is a lip colour I've had for a couple months now. When deciding what staple colours to pack for my vacation, obviously the first thing to pop into my head was "red!" The colour is described as "pure red," a classic matte red that is suitable for anyone. I wouldn't say this product is my favourite red, but the reason I decided to bring it along on vacation is how lightweight the formula is. I feels like you've got nothing on!

Thanks for reading!
What's your favourite summer shade?

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creame in Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely colour! Have you ever tried blending it with other shades?

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Please feel free to leave a comment as I value all of my readers' opinions and I'll reply as soon as possible.